Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Brad Osguthorpe - 2011 Plans and Goals

Brad leading the 2010 Mesquite Half Marathon


First off I would like to send a huge “Thanks” to Nate Houle and 26.2 Running Company for all their effort and hard work they have put in to making Utah Elite happen. It’s been a great ride so far and I look forward to the future with Utah Elite. They have collaborated an excellent group of athletes from the state and much can be learned from them. There is a deep amount of knowledge on Utah Elite and hope those that follow can learn and help progress the sport even more. I know I can learn much from the people on this team and those around the sport. I believe that one of the keys to running and life in general is to never stop learning. You can never know enough.
It’s amazing how time flies. It’s already March and runners are starting to come out of hibernation. Fortunately I’ve been able to stay focused and put in some decent mileage over the winter months. At times I would wonder what I am doing out in this snow storm when it's 0 degrees out and then I remember I love to run and I love every minute of it. I feel very blessed to be able to run and we can never take it for granted. I feel that I was able to put in a quality amount of mileage over the last few months. I am looking forward to some warm weather though. The last few weeks I’ve turned up the volume a little bit by having two quality interval/tempo days during the week along with a long run. I still have a long ways to go to reach where I want to be. I would like to get in some shorter races this spring and then build up to the longer races. When I say shorter I  mean 5k/ 10k and longer would be the half marathon. Maybe some half marathons later in the season.  I would like to get in as many local races and a few out of state, possible the Las Vegas Rock & Roll Half Marathon again. I don’t think I am ready for the marathon anytime soon. As always I hope to stay healthy. I been pretty fortunate to not have any serious injuries other then the few aches and pains that all runners have. I look forward to learning more and improving as a runner and in life. I have been very fortunate to have a great supporting cast around me, being my beautiful wife, family and employer. I look forward to this season and hope to see you all out there running.  I remember a wise man telling me “plan your race, race your plan.”  Best of training to all you and stay healthy.  Just run………   

No comments:

Post a Comment